Reading Room Policy
For security purposes, only select personal items are permitted in the reading room. Coats, bags, books, notebooks, and other belongings can be stored in a secure staff area while using the reading room.
The following items are permitted in the reading room:
- Laptops, cameras, and electronic accessories removed from their cases
- Loose sheets of paper and notecards, though they must be kept to an absolute minimum and are subject to inspection by staff
Any materials brought into the reading room are subject to inspection. Patrons may be asked to open laptops, present loose papers for inspection, etc.
Items NOT permitted in the reading room include but are not limited to:
- Notebooks, notepads, folders, or envelopes of any kind
- Paper clips, rubber bands, or other fasteners
- Adhesive tapes, sticky notes
- Pens, markers
- Personal scanners
- Hats, large coats, or jackets
- Bags of any kind or size
- Food, drink, or chewing gum